Good Dog! Private Pet Grooming
Good Dog! Private Pet Grooming
About Good Dog! Private Pet Grooming
Good Dog! Private Pet Grooming is a house call dog grooming service for small dogs. Typically, the clients are Yorkie, Silkie, Shih-tsu, Maltese, Toy/Miniature Poodle, Miki, Havanese, Chihuahua, Brussels Griffon, other small terriers, and mixes of these breeds, weighing under 25 pounds.
I care about each dog I groom. I will try my best to make grooming a positive experience for your pet. I will take time to notice if there are any changes in the condition of your dog's coat, skin, ears, pads, paws, nails, etc. And I will take the time to tell you about it and/or send you photos so it can be taken care of, if necessary. I will be careful of any joint issues, skin issues, arthritis, and any other special needs your dog might have. After years of grooming in shops, mobile dog grooming vans, in my home, and in dogs' homes, I have groomed most breeds, the young, the old, the feisty, the lazy, and the unusual dogs. All loved by someone. I can groom to breed standard, a puppy cut, a mohawk, or whatever kind of haircut you like - just ask.
Full grooming includes bath, blow dry, ear cleaning, nail trimming, pads trimmed, sanitary trim, and hair cut. Anal gland expression if requested. Teeth brushing if you supply toothbrush. I ask you to provide a clean towel. I use the kitchen sink and counter top. I keep the mess to a minimum and clean up. If you provide a vacuum cleaner I will use it as well.
What differentiates us
Most people say I am very calm. This helps to make grooming as stress-free as possible for your dog.
Here are some comparisons between having your dog groomed in your home versus having your dog groomed in a salon. These are the reasons that I chose to offer house call dog grooming services.
- The grooming salon environment can be stressful for your dog. It has new smells, new noises, other animals, and people constantly coming and going.
- Your home is a stress-free place for your dog.
- In a salon environment there are other dogs barking, crying, or whining. There are noises from cage dryers and other groomers with dryers and clippers. Worse, in some salons groomers yell at the dogs.
- At home, your dog will hear only the noise associated with his or her own grooming. And no yelling, ever.
- A salon is an unknown environment for your pet. Even the groomer can't say for sure what other dogs will be there when your dog is getting groomed.
- Home is familiar and comfortable. Any people or animals in your home are known by your dog.
- A salon grooming usually means more than one person handling your dog - and not necessarily the same people each visit.
- At home, your dog will get to know me and trust me. Grooming will be a positive experience for your pet.
How we were trained
I am certified in dog grooming by the New York School of Dog Grooming.
I also hold a certification from the Red Cross in Pet First Aid.
Why we love what we do
I love dogs. I love to care for them and interact with them, make them feel good and look good. Making house calls makes it special because I get to bond with the dog in his/her home. Grooming is a necessity for many breeds and I love being able to offer a service that makes the grooming process as simple as possible.
MyTime Reviews (21)
Maria has been grooming my dog for years. She does an excellent job and is great with my dog.
Love Maria, always happy to have her groom Jilly.
Maria was great and my puppy looks very handsome!
Maria did an outstanding job giving Chelsea my little yorkie a short summer cut'
Thank you, Maria, for the great summer cut! Stella is a very happy pup :)
Yelp Reviews (13)
It was Alex's first time with a groomer (9 month old Sheltie) and Maria was wonderful. The whole experience was great, highly recommend her for you... read more
Maria is amazing! First time using her services and I'm just so happy! Zoe looks gorgeous and I didn't have to leave her somewhere to be caged for ... read more
Maria is absolutely amazing! She has been grooming my Maltese Rocco for the past few year and does a terrific job. My dog absolutely hated being dr... read more