MyTime Sales Development Representative
MyTime is a San Francisco-based startup that has built the leading cloud-based online scheduling, point of sale, and automated marketing suite to power the operations of local service businesses from salons and spas to pet groomers. It's used at over 14,000 locations across the US with sizes ranging from single-location sole proprietors to Fortune 500 chains and franchises.
Our core product, the MyTime Scheduler, is mission-critical software that our customers use for over 10 hours per day. It’s an all-in-one business solution built around a world-class scheduling platform that can grow revenue by as much as 30% through automated marketing and online distribution. The aim is to disrupt the large, underserved market of 2+ million local businesses who still largely rely on pen, paper, and the telephone to manage and schedule their customers.
What makes MyTime unique is that it’s a platform that allows our many third-party partners to integrate our online booking functionality into their own products. For instance, we have exclusive product integrations with Google and Bing (to display real-time appointment availability on search results pages) as well as Facebook and Instagram (to enable online scheduling from merchants’ Facebook pages) and Uber (to send a car when it’s time to leave for your appointment).
The longer term vision is to become the largest platform in the world for online scheduling and local commerce. The company was founded by Ethan Anderson, a successful serial entrepreneur whose first startup, Redbeacon, won TechCrunch50 in 2009 and was acquired by The Home Depot. We’re venture backed by Upfront Ventures (Mark Suster) and Khosla Ventures (Keith Rabois), and have raised $20M to turn this vision into a reality. The press is also quite excited about MyTime, calling it the “Uber of local appointment booking” (VentureBeat), “a rare breed of app like Uber, Pocket, and Venmo that makes life so much easier (TechCrunch), and “The Amazon of local services” (Forbes)
You'll be part of a fast-paced, exciting sales-floor making both outbound sales calls and fielding inbound leads. As the owner of the beginning of the sales cycle, you’ll be responsible for qualifying leads, building interest, and setting discovery calls and product demos.
You must have top-notch verbal communication skills and be able to adapt your style across a wide audience of local business owners. Since you’re a member of an early stage startup team, you should also have passion for creating something great and be willing to share your ideas, insights, and observations to make product, sales, and customer success processes even better.
Key responsibilities include:
- Making 100+ calls per day with the aim of engaging decision makers over the telephone to the point they want to learn more about our product
- Engaging in active listening to find real pain points your prospects are facing and collectively determine whether MyTime is the right solution for them
- Setting appointments for full product demos with MyTime’s Business Advisors
- College education or previous Sales Development experience
- 1+ years of sales experience with a goal to grow your sales career (previous SaaS experience is a big plus)
- Self-motivator with strong communication skills
- Hypercompetitive and goal oriented. You understand that "life is a competition" and there’s no consolation prize for not hitting your numbers!
Compensation / benefits
- Base salary pay plus performance bonuses
- Health insurance
- Fun work environment
How to Apply
If you're interested, we'd love to talk! Please send a resume or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.