SMS Campaign Terms
Terms and Conditions for SMS Marketing Campaigns
By opting in to MyTime’s text notifications, you agree to receive automated marketing text messages from us about our Clients’ products and services at the phone number you provided when you subscribed, and that the messages may be sent via automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Message frequency is recurring. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to opt-out and HELP for customer support. You may receive an additional text message confirming your decision to opt-out. You understand and agree that attempting to opt-out by any means other than texting the opt-out commands above is not a reasonable means of opting out.
56 E. Broadway, Suite B100
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Opting Out from Services from MyTime
MyTime Service offerings include acting as a service provider for our Clients in providing an “opt-out” platform for their recipients (end users). At any time, recipients (end users) may discontinue receiving SMS offers by sending the SMS message “STOP” to the applicable shortcode. Additionally, end users may discontinue receiving offers from a particular client by sending the SMS message STOP to that Client’s particular shortcode, or by following other instructions provided by that Client. Opting out from a particular Client’s offers will not apply to any communications from other Clients. All information provided to MyTime’s clients is owned by said client and subject to their privacy statement. We are not responsible for their privacy practices during our role as the clients’ service provider.
Collection of Information
We collect personal information through to facilitate the Services offered to you. Clients must register an account on the Site prior to having access to any of the Services. We may collect the following types of Personal Information on behalf of Clients:
- “Contact Information”, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of MyTime.
- “Relationship Information,” including lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest; the types of service offerings that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred to MyTime.
- “Transaction information” about how you interact with MyTime or the MyTime Site, such as the MyTime service offerings you view, purchase, redeem, and/or post, and the merchants you add to your Favorites Page; other information about how you use the MyTime Site; copies of correspondence, text, email, other communications, and applications; the source of traffic to MyTime, including but not limited to whether you came from Google Search, a partner website, an ad campaign, or email campaign; and how you interact with MyTime merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- “Financial Account Information” as needed to process payments for service offerings from the MyTime Site (such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number), if you make payments through the MyTime Site.
- “Mobile Location Information,” if you have activated one of our mobile applications and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data.
- “Calendaring Program Information,” including your availability and your appointment time preferences, and any related comments, notes or messages you have provided to MyTime or a Merchant regarding your availability and/or appointment time preferences. This information may be accessed through the MyTime Scheduler, web-based calendaring programs, mobile app-based calendaring program, or third-party online calendars (e.g. Google Calendar, Outlook, iCal, Yahoo Calendar) (“Calendaring Programs”) that Users choose to connect to MyTime or to the MyTime Scheduler.
How MyTime Collects Personal Information
We ask you for Personal Information (including, but not limited to, Contact Information, Relationship Information, Transaction Information and Financial Account Information) when you register, subscribe, or create an account; purchase, submit, post, fulfill MyTime service offerings or opt into the Services; or otherwise interact with MyTime.
We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources with which you have registered, Merchants or business partners or affiliate entities (collectively, "Partners") or other third parties. We may associate this information with the other Personal Information we have collected about you.
How MyTime Uses Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, MyTime uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve the MyTime Site, including performing analysis, tracking your use of the Site for purposes of displaying advertising and content, and improving our services;
- Provide customers with offers for products and services from participating merchants, including offers based on variables such as stated and anticipated customer interests, personal characteristics, or location;
- Recommend certain Merchants or service offerings to the end user (e.g., to suggest Merchants to add to the end user's Favorites page or remind end user when it's time to rebook a service);
- Facilitate and fulfill requests for appointments for MyTime service offerings, including their purchase and redemption;
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain offers, products or services, and evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to customers;
- Track redemption of MyTime service offerings and perform other analytics;
- Provide customer support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you or Merchant clients about MyTime and our merchants and business partners, such as MyTime news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you or Merchant clients through the MyTime Site, email messages, text messages, applications, push notifications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Inform Merchants when you have added them to your Favorites Page; and
- When you rate or review a Service which you have purchased, your rating, review, and your first name and last initial will be published on MyTime and may appear on third party websites. For Merchants whose businesses have received reviews on the MyTime Site, these reviews may be syndicated on third party websites.
When and Why MyTime Discloses Personal Information
- With affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by MyTime) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described herein.
- With our service providers that are hired by us to provide administrative and communication services on our behalf, such as website hosting, the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, or providing credit card processing services. We require our third- party service providers to promise not to use such information except as necessary to provide the relevant services to us.
- We may share some or all of your Personal Information (other than credit card information) with Merchants whose MyTime service offerings you have purchased for their commercial purposes and to provide their service offerings to you. We provide your Personal Information to Merchants to the extent that an End User has purchased services from a Merchant through MyTime, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through MyTime on behalf of the Merchant. We may also provide Merchants with Personal Information about the individuals who have purchased the Merchants MyTime service offerings, to send customized offers, to validate the purchases, to aid and troubleshoot redemption, to combat fraud, as part of legal proceedings affecting MyTime and the Merchant, and to facilitate a direct relationship between Merchants and customers and to enable Merchants to communicate electronically with customers who purchased the Merchant's MyTime service offerings.
- With MyTime business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, distribution partnership, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with MyTime and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to MyTime from a business partner's website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a MyTime business partner, MyTime may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information.
- To effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts where we operate. If MyTime is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- We encourage MyTime Merchants and Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by such third parties is governed by the conduct and privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
- We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may utilize or provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
- If a user of the MyTime Scheduler has a client who is a MyTime user, that Merchant may appear in the MyTime user’s Favorites page, and MyTime may contact this user through email, text, or push notification to promote booking at that Merchant or others in the MyTime marketplace. MyTime users have the option of managing their communications preferences or opting out.
- MyTime may contact Merchant employees through email to invite them to create a MyTime account with a restricted login.
- When a particular merchant is added to your Favorites Page, that information will be automatically made public and will enable other users to search, visit, or book appointments from your Favorites Page. Additionally, your page will display your real name, partial name, or pseudo name, as well as any other information you provided, including photographs, bios, and city and state. You may, however, hide this information from the public by marking your Favorite Page as Private.
- If you are a Merchant or are using the MyTime Scheduler:
- We may share some or all of your Personal Information, including but not limited to Calendaring Program Information, Staff Member Names, Service Offerings, Ratings and Reviews, Prices and Discounts, appointment availability, and related data (collectively "Merchant Information") with end users who have signed up or registered for MyTime and with MyTime Business Partners and affiliates with which MyTime is working.
- We may feed Merchant Information to third party websites (excluding customer lists), which may result in Merchant Information appearing on a third-party website, mobile application or in search engine results; and such results may include a corresponding link to schedule an appointment through MyTime.
- We may use certain Contact Information to promote your goods and services through a variety of online and offline advertising and promotion mediums, including, but not limited to Google, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, Twitter, email distribution lists, and third-party Business Partners and Affiliates.
- If you have participated in any joint MyTime service offerings or promotions with other Partners, MyTime may disclose your Personal Information to its Partners and/or advertisers, as part of such offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with MyTime and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate.
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of service offerings you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to MyTime, and you can limit the communications that MyTime sends to you.
You can manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in the commercial messages that we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose to unsubscribe from others. You may update your subscription preferences from time to time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email or text messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email or text messages, we will still send you confirmations when you book a service through the MyTime Site.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share Location Information with MyTime, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Security of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. MyTime has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at support [at] mytime.com.
Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
Links to Other Websites
The Services contains links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
The Sites are not directed to persons under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without the parent or guardian's consent, he or she should contact us at support [at] mytime.com. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors under 18. If we become aware that a minor under 18 has provided us with personal identifiable information, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to promptly delete such information from our files.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by MyTime pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to support [at] mytime.com, or by writing us at the following address:
56 E. Broadway, Suite B100
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use and disclosure of personal data:
- Categories of Personal Data Collected: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal data: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, audio and visual information, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal data that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect, please see “Types of Personal Information We Collect” above.
- Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Using Data: We collect personal data for the business purposes described in the “How MyTime Uses Personal Information” section above.
- Categories of Sources of Personal Data: We collect personal data from you and the sources described in the “How MyTime Collects Personal Information” section above.
- Categories of Personal Data Disclosed: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal data for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, internet and electronic network activity information, commercial information, audio and visual information, geolocation data, demographic information, inferred information, and other information that we have derived or inferred about you or that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you.
- Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Personal Data: We may share your personal data with the third parties as described in the “When and Why MyTime Discloses Personal Information” section above.
- Sale of Personal Data: MyTime does not sell your personal data.
Your Consumer Rights
California consumers have the right to request access to their personal data, additional details about our information practices and deletion of their personal data (subject to certain exceptions). California consumers also have the right to opt out of sales of personal data, if applicable. We describe how California consumers can exercise their rights under the CCPA below. Please note that you may designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by providing written materials demonstrating that you have granted the authorized agent power of attorney. Please note that if an authorized agent submits a request on your behalf, we may need to contact you to verify your identity and protect the security of your personal data. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Right to Know: You may request access to the specific pieces of personal data we have collected about you in the last 12 months. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal data we have collected about you, the sources of such collection, the categories of personal data we share for a business or commercial purpose, and the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal data. You may make these requests by calling 1-888-423-1944 or emailing legal [at] mytime.com. Please note that we are required by law to verify your identity prior to granting access to your data in order to protect your privacy and security
Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal data we have collected about you. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. You may make these requests by calling 1-888-423-1944 or emailing legal [at] mytime.com. Please note that we are required by law to verify your identity prior to deleting your data in order to protect your privacy and security. If you request to delete your personal data, certain of our products and services may no longer be available to you.
Effective March 3, 2021