Senior Full Stack Engineer
MyTime is a San Francisco-based startup that has built the leading cloud-based online scheduling, point of sale, and automated marketing suite to power the operations of local service businesses from salons and spas to pet groomers. It's used at over 14,000 locations across the US with sizes ranging from single-location sole proprietors to Fortune 500 chains and franchises.
Our core product, the MyTime Scheduler, is mission-critical software that our customers use for over 10 hours per day. It’s an all-in-one business solution built around a world-class scheduling platform that can grow revenue by as much as 30% through automated marketing and online distribution. The aim is to disrupt the large, underserved market of 2+ million local businesses who still largely rely on pen, paper, and the telephone to manage and schedule their customers.
What makes MyTime unique is that it’s a platform that allows our many third-party partners to integrate our online booking functionality into their own products. For instance, we have exclusive product integrations with Google and Bing (to display real-time appointment availability on search results pages) as well as Facebook and Instagram (to enable online scheduling from merchants’ Facebook pages) and Uber (to send a car when it’s time to leave for your appointment).
The longer term vision is to become the largest platform in the world for online scheduling and local commerce. The company was founded by Ethan Anderson, a successful serial entrepreneur whose first startup, Redbeacon, won TechCrunch50 in 2009 and was acquired by The Home Depot. We’re venture backed by Upfront Ventures (Mark Suster) and Khosla Ventures (Keith Rabois), and have raised $20M to turn this vision into a reality. The press is also quite excited about MyTime, calling it the “Uber of local appointment booking” (VentureBeat), “a rare breed of app like Uber, Pocket, and Venmo that makes life so much easier (TechCrunch), and “The Amazon of local services” (Forbes)
You will work closely with a talented team of designers and engineers who design, implement and ship features from scratch. You have prior experience developing high quality software & are excited about doing that at a fast growing company. You know how to have productive technical discussions & how to make things as simple as possible, but no simpler. You want to work at a company that has a meaningful impact on the lives of small business owners and their customers. You will be ready to continuously iterate on features based on feedback from our complex analytics tools as well as user feedback.
You will not only craft high quality software, but also help in other aspects of building a new company: Designing features, making good product decisions, and building a culture of excellence. We’re seeking engineers who are ready to attack deep technical challenges as well as have an impactful role in product and company development.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of profession of professional software engineering experience. Degree in computer science or a related field is preferred
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Django, or a similar web development frameworks
- Some experience with MySQL, Memcache, and extra credit for ElasticSearch experience
- Some experience with AWS products (EC2, RDS, S3, ELB) preferred but not required
- Self motivator with strong communication skills
- Experience with test suites, and writing tests
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization across the stack
- Stickler for perfection who cares about the details that make software products a joy to use
- Experience with mobile web a definite plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary. Equity. Opportunity to make a tremendous impact.
- Full Benefits Package, Catered Meals
- The chance to actually make a difference in a growing startup that is solving a big problem.
How to Apply
If you're interested, we'd love to talk! Please send a resume or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.